Dr. Jeyapalan Jeyaruban
Born in Naavatkadu. Parents Mr. Gnanasekaram Jeyapalan (Farmer) and Mrs. Leelawathy Sinnathamby (Teacher) from Eachchantheevu and Mahialavedduwan.
BT/Mahilavedduwan GTMS and BT/Koddaimunai Kanishta Vithyalayam, Batticaloa
BT/St. Michaels’ College, Batticaloa
Got through A/L examination in 1992 as District second and entered the Faculty of Medical Sciences of University of Sri Jayawardanepura to obtain Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree.
Served in Colombo and Matale as Grade II medical officer before got through MD(Surgery) entrance exam in 2006 to undergo Specialist training. Completed the training under eminent surgeons in the country and obtained Doctor of Medicine (MD) in Surgery, in 2010 from PGIM of University of Colombo. After getting the post MD training in National Hospital of Sri Lanka and Newham University Hospital of United Kingdom, board certified as Consultant Surgeon in February 2012. Joined the Department of Clinical Sciences of the Faculty of Health-Care Sciences, EUSL in May 2012.
- Simrit Nijjar, Jeyapalan Jeyaruban, Georgios Bointas, Amit Sinha. Review of Clinical Outcomes post Transanal Haemorrhoidal Dearterialisation. Poster presentation at ASGBI International Surgical Congress at BELFAST WATERFRONT, BELFAST, UK, May 2016. http://www.epostersonline.com/asgbi2016/node/404
- Road traffic accidents
- Thyroid diseases
- Breast carcinoma and its etiological factors
- Clinical Teaching in surgery for medical students and Nursing students since 2006
- Academic and Clinical Teaching since May 2012
- Intern Medical Officer – March 2001 to March 2002
- Resident House officer in Neurosurgery – March 2002 October 2002
- Medical officer Blood Bank – October 2002 to April 2006
- Registrar in Surgery – April 2006 to March 2010
- Senior Registrar in General Surgery – April 2010 to June 2011
- Acting Surgeon BH Kalmunai – July 2011 to February 2012
- Residence Surgeon TH Batticaloa – February 2012 to April 2012
- Senior Clinical Fellow in General surgery, Newham University Hospital, UK – April 2013 to March 2015
- Lecturer (Prob) in Surgery, FHCS, EUSL – May 2012 to Date